This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
DevOps Foundation Class culminates with an independent Foundation exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions. . The DevOps Foundation certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses, including DevOps Practitioner.
Detailed Course Outline
- Course Introduction Why DevOps?
- What is DevOps?
- DevOps and IT Performance
- DevOps and Automation Measuring DevOps Success
- DevOps Principles
- DevOps Patterns
- DevOps and Other Frameworks
- DevOps Culture
- DevOps Organizational Consideration
- Promoting Collaboration
- Improving Communication
- DevOps Practices
- DevOps Automation Practices
- DevOps Tool Chain
- Adopting DevOps Culture
- Practical Exercises: Starting the DevOps Journey
- Exam Information and Sample Paper
- Discussion Summary and Next Steps
DevOps Institute, DevOps Foundation and Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) are registered trademarks of the DevOps Institute.