Leadership has been an important topic in management and business over the last several years. The rapid changes in business, technology, and political and social factors has required the development of effective leadership skills. Often the focus of leadership training and development is concentrated on the executive team. Although it is vitally important that the C-suite have strong and engaging leaders, the reality is that 70-80 percent of the workforce reports to front line managers, not directly to an senior executive.
Stories are how we remember; we tend to forget lists and bullet points.
Building Employee Leadership Skills is Essential for Success
In tandem with leadership, employee engagement is essential for business success. Organizations need to focus on developing the leadership skills of their front line managers and staff in order to drive up engagement. Leadership development is a shared responsibility. It helps to build the right resources and environment to support employee growth and development. Teledec designs and delivers leadership training for managers and staff that is immersive and engaging. Our focused learning experience builds engagement and the skills required to lead and to succeed. Leadership training programs are tailored to address your organization’s unique challenges and business objectives.
For leadership training and development to be successful, management needs to:
- Provide a well-crafted role description – it is the foundation upon which leadership training and development activities are built
- Provide leadership training to meet the expectations for the job. This is also a management responsibility
- Develop a good understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities that the organization will need in the future. What are the long-term goals of the organization and what are the implications of these goals for leadership development? Share this knowledge with the employees
- Identify leadership opportunities in every-day activity. Was there an incident or event that organization could learn from? Is there a report with implications for the organization that could be alleviated with right leadership?
- Explain the leadership development process and encourage employees to develop individual leadership development plans
- Support employees when they identify learning activities that make them an asset to your organization – now and in the future
- Identify goals and activities for leadership development and prepare an individual development plan
Let us help your organization to maximize the potential of your most important assets – your employees. We take a collaborative approach to creating a tailored leadership training strategy for their success.